During our in-home consultations we often bring these 5 Quick Baby Safety Reminders in Dallas & Austin Texas to our client’s attention.
1. Carbon Monoxide Detectors – If the home has gas appliances or fireplaces, it needs CO detectors to prevent poisoning. The recommendations is one for every level of the home.
2. Smoke Alarms – At a minimum, smoke alarms should be installed near the bedrooms and near the kitchen. It is best to have one installed inside every bedroom and outside every bedroom.
3. Hot Water Heater – The water heater needs to be set to 120 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent scalding. This temperature will burn the skin, however, it will take some time.
4. Fire Escape Ladder – Infant House baby proofing recommends every multi-level home have at least one fire escape ladder. Store the ladder int he youngest child’s room, as he or she is the most helpless. Older children should be better able to follow your instructions in the event that the home needs to be evacuated. If the children are older, parents should consider one ladder for each occupied upper level bedroom.
5. Fire Extinguishers – We recommend one fire extinguisher per level of the home. This may give you the time you need to evacuate. Always remember, your first priority is to evacuate the home and call for help, not to extinguish the fire.
The best place for you to start with baby proofing your house is with our in-home consultation. We will review the 5 Quick Baby Safety Reminders in Dallas & Austin Texas with you. The consultation is a two-way conversation where we will make recommendations, give you some options, show you some samples and then you can make an informed decision for your family’s safety.
We will give you a quote for baby proofing your house. Please take your time making the final decision on baby proofing your house so you are not making a ”rushed decision”. Then we will return at a time that is convenient for you to professionally install the items you have selected.
Baby proofing your house is simple when you call Infant House. We only use the best products and with our professional installation of baby safety gates, cabinet locks, furniture restraints, electrical solutions and much more, you know it will be done right. We usually take care of baby proofing your house in one day.
[socialwiggle size=64 style=square wiggle=random]