HOUSTON BABY PROOFING MYTH #3

Childproof lids are too hard for children to remove. Therefore, they are safe. This is Houston baby proofing myth #3 in a series of myth busting.

Not true.  No container is “childproof”, some are child resistant.  To be childproof the FDA requires that 80% or more children cannot remove the lids.  What about the other 20%?  That is why Infant House recommends securing all medications.

Many medications look like candy. These examples are from poison.org :

Houston Baby Proofing Company, Baby Safety Gates, Stair Gates, Childproof Cabinet Locks, Pet Proofing, Precious Baby Protectors, Baby Safe Home, Baby Safety, Childproofing Houston, Child Safety Gate Installation, Furniture Anchoring, Child Safety Gate

 Houston Baby Proofing Company, Baby Safety Gates, Stair Gates, Childproof Cabinet Locks, Pet Proofing, Precious Baby Protectors, Baby Safe Home, Baby Safety, Childproofing Houston, Child Safety Gate Installation, Furniture Anchoring, Child Safety Gate

Medicine can look like candy.

Medication should be secured from toddlers using childproof lids in addition to being out of reach and or locked away. Infant House recommends locking all the drawers and doors below the counter top and storing medication in one of these locked cabinets or in a locked box. The locks we use are the best on the market. They can be turned on and off and are super strong.

Baby Proofing Houston Texas Process

The best place for you to start with Houston Baby Proofing Myth #3 is with our in-home consultation. We will go room by room with you with an 8 page checklist. The consultation is a two-way conversation where we will make recommendations, give you some options, show you some samples and then you can make an informed decision for your family’s safety.

We will give you a quote for baby proofing your house. Please take your time making the final decision on baby proofing your house so you are not making a “rushed decision”. Then we will return at a time that is convenient for you to professionally install the items you have selected.

Infant House simplifies baby proofing your house. We use the best products and with our professional installation of safety gates, cabinet locks, furniture restraints, electrical solutions and much more, you know it will be done right.  Baby proofing your house usually takes one day.

  • Contact Infant House to schedule a consultation
  • Receive Quote
  • Schedule installation
  • Baby proofing your house in the Greater Houston area is completed

Infant House is currently baby proofing Houston Texas and the following cities in the area:
Pasadena, West University Place, Bellaire, Hunter’s Creek Village, Spring Valley, Missouri City, Sugar Land, First Colony, Richmond, Alief, Addicks, Katy, Cinco Ranch, Jersey Village, Aldine, Tomball, The Woodlands, Spring, Oak Ridge North, Kingwood, Atascocita, Channel View, Baytown, La Porte, Seabrook, Nassau Bay, Kemah, Webster, Friendswood, Pearland, Iowa Colony and Manvel, Texas
Please contact us for other cities in the area.