Over the last 13+ years we have refined the Infant House of Austin,Dallas,Fort Worth & San Antonio Texas Baby/Childproofing Checklist numerous times as we encountered new situations. New child safety products, safety standards and ”best practices” are just some of the reasons for changing our childproofing checklist.
Austin,Dallas,Fort Worth & San Antonio Texas Baby/Childproofing Checklist
As of today we use an 8-page checklist as we consult with parents concerning childproofing and the consultation usually takes about one and a half hours to complete. Here is a list of some of the hazards that we look to correct while we are working with the parents:
- Hot water heater adjusted to 120 degrees or below to prevent scalding
- Electrical outlets protected to prevent electrocution
- Door leading outside or to dangerous areas are secured
- Child safety Gates are in place to prevent falls
- Cabinets and drawers are secured
- Furniture and TVs are secured to prevent ”tip-overs”
- Toilet is secured to prevent poisoning and drowning
Of Course the Infant House of Austin,Dallas,Fort Worth & San Antonio Texas Baby/Childproofing Checklist is much longer as we go from room to room to inspect these hazards and many, many more hidden hazards.
Whether your house is big or small we have done them all with the same attention to detail that we would use in our own homes.
One of the biggest compliments we receive is to be called by a previous client for more childproofing measures. This happens as the family grows, house remodeling or moving to a new home. We have been to some homes numerous times. We have even been called to a home by a new client only to find our work still intact from the previous homeowner who is a client of ours. Thank you again to our baby proofing clients – you are the best!
Our Baby Proofing Process
- Contact Infant House to schedule a consultation
- Receive Quote
- Schedule installation
- Childproofing is completed
[socialwiggle size=64 style=square wiggle=random]